Tuesday, June 14, 2016

God is Greater Than the Trails We Endure

       In February of this year my husband and I got the news we had long expected and hoped for, we were going to be parents. We were joyous, nervous, scared and elated. But soon after that joy was replaced by fear, not fear over the pregnancy but fear of how we would provide for our child when in March my employers said that I couldn't bring the baby to work with me ( I worked as a nanny) and that I would have to make other arrangements or leave my position. They felt this was what was best for their children and I cannot begrudge them that, but other arrangements for us was out of the question. We could not afford a babysitter so that I could babysit, we could not afford daycare so that I could care for someone else's children, and no one in our families would be able to watch the baby because either they were working or their health was too poor. With our only option being that I find other employment that wouldn't require daycare or babysitting for our child, we were frightened.
        After getting the news I cried out to God, I literally wept as I prayed, declared faith in Him, and asked for His help, His provision. And in response He gave me a word from Matthew to hang onto over the following months, Matthew 6:25-34, and peace that reached to the depths of my soul, settling me and giving strength to move forward and begin the search.
        Things became more difficult, more scary and tense as the medical bills came in and began mounting. I was losing my job and I didn't know when, we had no insurance, and had to pay out of pocket for everything, and we couldn't get any assistance because we made too much with what I was currently making. Debt loomed over us and we still didn't know how God would see us through, how we would make these payments, keep our house, and keep the car my husband needed for his job. Things were getting worse, but still I remembered the word God gave me, and when I forgot or got too scared, God reminded me and we marched on believing in His provision.
       In April we found hope in a customer service position through Fed-Ex where I could work from home. This was exactly the kind of job I needed, it came with benefits, a 401(k), and pension plan, and the salary was just about the same as I had been making. It meant some sacrifices, some changes to our lifestyle, but in the end it would be worth it and I applied. This was not the only relief we were given either, around this same time my dad gave us a small sum of money to help pay down some of the debt and keep us afloat until the job situation was figured out. At this time I was still working but we had no clue for how long.
      In May came more bad news, June 10 was to be my last day; I still didn't have a job, and now only had 6 weeks to find one. Not only that but my previous visit to the doctor had raised some concerns, the baby was fine but the doctor was worried that things were not as they should be with me and ordered an array of test and a sonogram to make sure. In April fear had overrun me and I had backslide before God got my attention and refocused me once more on Him. This time though I refused to run scared and battled through prayer and praise, believing and knowing in my heart God never fails, He would provide just in time and my womb would be healed by His great grace and healing.
       Now on June 12th I am overjoyed to share with you that our God is the God of miracles, a provider and a healer! After all that we went through these last 4 months we are standing in awe of His goodness to us. Recently I went back to the doctor, and everything was exactly as it should have been! I was in great health and so is Jack, our son due October 6. But not only was I healed, I got the Fed-ex job and will start on June 20th! For months I have known I was brought into a season where God was going to show me how He would, could and does provide for His children, how He is my source for all, and in my moments of doubt there was always a message that reminded and strengthened me in that belief. And now at the end of this difficult season I have a deeper love and trust for God than ever before, I am grateful to a depth I had not previously known and hopeful for the future. Be blessed and encouraged my brothers and sisters, God hears your prayers and answers.

Psalm 37:4-6   
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.

Matthew 15:28   
Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

Philippians 4:19   
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 4:16   
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jennifer, don't know if you still monitor this blog, but wanted to let you know that I continue to pray for you and your family. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete