Monday, February 8, 2016

Don't Get Stuck on an Old Season

       I had probably 5 or 6 post on here that I was saving and working on as time allowed, but I kept feeling wrong about them in my heart, I couldn't post them and just kept rewriting them. It wasn't that what I was writing was wrong, it was lessons I learned in the last season, but I just couldn't get happy or satisfied with them. And the more I tried to force it the more it was becoming an act of labor instead of an out pouring of my heart and the love God has shown me in my circumstances, sending me further and further from what I knew it should be.
       This morning as I started my day and prayed before sitting down with my coffee to read the bible, I suddenly heard the words 'let them go.' The words startled me and I didn't at first know what it was about, but I wasn't left in the dark long. As the shock of the words wore off the meaning of them settled in coupled with sensations of peace and freedom from the burden. I knew then that this was the Lord, and I suddenly understood why I couldn't get satisfied with these post.
        When we cling to a former season instead of moving into the new we often miss what God is doing in this season. That is what I was doing. It's not that these lessons were really a burden, or even that I won't need theses things I was taught in this season, but it was that I focused so much on trying to articulate them that I was missing what God is doing now. I was  holding so tightly to these past situations that I wasn't listening for His guidance in this season, and that is where I went wrong. When and if the time is right I will be able to share those lessons with you, I don't need to strive or force it, God will provide when the time is right. Be blessed brothers and sisters in the name of Jesus.

Psalm 31:15                
My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.

Daniel 2:21       

No comments:

Post a Comment