Monday, February 15, 2016

God is Faithful

       Many of you know that for a long time I have dreamed of being a mother. I am a nanny by profession, but that's just not the same as having a precious child of your own, no matter how much you love the children you care for and they love you. This has been a dream that has caused me heartache on more than one occasion over the last few years, especially when I have to hear someone in my family ask, "when is it your turn." It took me a long time to get past this, and if I'm honest I don't think I ever fully got past it, I just learned to deal with the pain differently. There have been many times when I have broken down in tears asking God the same question that so hurt when my family would ask it, "God when is it my turn."
        About a year ago, God did answer that for me, but not the way I wanted. I didn't get pregnant or news that said I couldn't, instead a got a dream that was a timeline of events to come, the dream ended with a baby stroller.  I wasn't at first certain what this dream meant, I didn't right away connect it with my tearful prayers of  'when is it my turn', but when I shared it with a friend and we both prayed for answers and it became clear. I know at this point some people are rolling their eyes and saying to themselves 'it was just a dream get over it,' and I would like remind you that dreams are how God has spoken to many individuals throughout time, such as Daniel and Joseph just to name a couple. Dreams are often God's answers and how He helps us to overcome past hurts, you just have to be paying attention and seeking Him for the interpretation.
       In the dream I was given I saw many things that would take place in the year that followed. I saw us (my husband and I) struggling against Satan together as he tried to break thru the front door of our old house. I saw the enemy fail and the tools and devices he had brought to use against us vanish as light encircled our home. I saw a moving truck drive in front of our home and finally a green stroller at the bottom of our stairs. After prayer and asking a friend to pray also so I could check what I received against her, we were agreed, God was showing that I would be in an intense battle with the devil and win, when victory happened the devil's tricks would fade no longer a threat, then the light would surround us and we would be blessed with a new home, and a baby. This dream was later confirmed by several other dreams that all followed this same timeline of events. I was excited and happy, but honestly there were moments when I doubted and wondered, especially when I was battling.
        Today though, I want to give testimony because God is faithful and you can stand on His word, you can trust the dreams and visions He gives you. I say this because it's true and I can declare that not one of His promises in this dream and the others I had has failed! Today I can happily say to you that after battling darkness in the situations I have dealt with beginning back in November of 2014, (see post for more details http://www.jennthorn.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-hardest-night-of-my-life.html ) that we reached the light portion of the dream and are walking in the blessings of having a new home, and expecting a new baby! God has shown me with certainty that He is truth, that He can be trusted, that He is in control. I hope this post encourages you, I hope it has built your faith in the Lord. Seek Him and trust, pray to God in all matters and be faithful to Him, God never fails. Be blessed brothers and sisters, and seek the Lord first, all else will be added to you.

Deuteronomy 7:9   
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Psalm 33:4   
For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness

Hebrews 10:23   
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful

2 Thessalonians 3:3   
But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

No comments:

Post a Comment