Thursday, March 19, 2015

Some Things Aren't Debatable

       I heard a pastor on TV say recently (I can't remember his name to be honest or I would tell you who it was) that in his years of studying theology and world religions as a whole that he believes that all religions come from God, and that no matter who you pray to that so long as you are basically good you will go to heaven. As support of this opinion he pointed to how many religions include a moral code that runs along the same line as 'treat others how you would want to be treated.'  He followed that up with 'of course being a Christian' that meant for him he was following Jesus. This to me was an obvious sign that he is a false teacher.
       I titled this post 'some things aren't debatable' because of this pastor statements and how it compares to what is written in the Bible, because if you are truly a Bible believer you know that his statements are false and contradictory to God's word, to what Jesus told us. In John 14:6 Jesus says 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me.' For this pastor's statements then to be true, Yeshua would have had to be lying when He said this, and we know that is impossible because God does not lie (Numbers 23:19; Hebrews 6:18) and that Jesus is in fact God (John 1:1-4; John 8:58; John 14:10-11;  Colossians 1:15-17). So, either that pastor is grossly deceived or Jesus lied in that verse, which would mean He wasn't God, and that all of Christianity is wrong and that it is a false religion. I for one, believe in God and that Jesus was His son that died and rose again to set us free from the captivity of sin, I believe in a God who doesn't lie, making that pastor wrong.
       I am sorry to those who agree with that pastor's statements and still consider themselves Christians because you can't claim to believe in Yeshua as the son of God, as part of the Holy Trinity, and at the same time call Him a liar. Those who take this path will be those who hear 'I never knew you. Depart from me, ye that work iniquity'. That was a bold statement I know but I can back myself up with scripture, Matthew 6:24 tells us that no man can serve two masters, reading the verse in context it does at the end of it say 'no man can serve God and mammon (money); but the meaning to it is clear and goes beyond just money if you read it completely, we are to trust in God alone. So, by agreeing with that pastor over God's word who are you putting your trust in?
        I know I probably sound harsh and judgmental right now, but that is not really my heart. I am sharing this and talking about this because this deception is widespread and getting wider, it is a dangerous path and like the Father in heaven I wish for none of you to perish, I am sharing this out of love for you and a desire that you be with the Lord for eternity. I hope that the words I wrote here today blesses someone, I hope I helped someone. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior be blessed.

Matthew 7:13-14        
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

John 3:36        
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 10:9
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

Romans 10:9        
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.           

No comments:

Post a Comment