Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Freedom in the Cross

      In times of weakness and distress, when my heart is in turmoil because of the things going on around me I will often go back to the Cross. I will meditate on what the Lord did there, the victory He planned out thousands of years before hand to save us from sin and death, to give us access to Him, and the ability to overcome the enemy in Jesus. I think about the Cross and Resurrection and I find strength, freedom, and hope in it because I know that the battle is already won, the enemy was defeated and I am free and made new in Yeshua. When we boldly accept this truth and focus our minds on what God has already done; that He has given us a means to overcome the enemy; we no longer have to worry or fear. When we accept that what God did through the Cross and Resurrection of Jesus Christ has given us authority in the name of Jesus over the flesh and boldly declare so the enemy flees. When we know with unflinching faith, that God is in control we can march on even when the steps aren't clear.
       The more I mediate on the fact that Yeshua has already defeated the enemy the stronger I become in Christ and the more bold I become for Him, because I understand satan no longer has power over me and anything he tells me is a lie. When I not only knew this but believed this in my heart it gave me great power over the influence of my flesh and blocked the enemies ability to fill my head with the lies that would tear me down lower. I could look at these hard situations that left me feeling low, overwhelmed, angry, hurt, or in some other fashion upset or oppressed and say boldly with conviction "This is not truth! These feelings are not the truth of my situation! This is temporary and God has better things coming for me!" And always without fail, things start to turn around, even if at first it was just my mood.
       God used the cross to set us free, to bring His promise and His plans to fullness, and it is of this that I remind myself of in the face of hardship. Thinking on the Cross and the defeated enemy gives me the strength and gratitude in my heart to go on when I feel like I can't; it gives me hope to keep pressing when I want to give up, and the more time I spend with God the more I realize it is important to keep this present in our minds. The Cross and the Resurrection are our freedom and the defeat of our enemy. Because of the blood of Yeshua satan has no power and authority over us except that which we give him. As new creations in Christ we are forgiven of our prior sins and now through Jesus can overcome the temptations that once burdened us and held us low. Through Yeshua we now have the ability to come to God and ask forgiveness when we fail; because of the blood He shed for us we have peace and no longer punishment.
       Sitting here with tears in my eyes trying to find a away to close this, I am reminded of Isaiah 53:4-6; "4 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." Be blessed in the name of our risen Yeshua.

John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

1 Corinthians 1:18   
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

1 John 2:2   
He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world
       
      

No comments:

Post a Comment