Thursday, July 23, 2015

Focus on the Lord

       Yesterday I posted a blog called "Freedom in the Cross" and in the closing paragraph I wrote that I had tears in my eyes as I was reminded of Isaiah 53:4-6, this was very true. The reason I was crying though had very little to do with what I wrote at that moment. It was that verse coming to mind right when I needed it, it was rereading that post, most of which I had written Monday, and realizing God had given me comfort for my soul before I knew I needed it. I was crying while I closed that post because God is so good, so loving, and so beautiful in how He works. Yesterday was a struggle, I felt like walking away from certain things, and I was starting to let bitterness and fatigue get the better of me but God had already planned my way of escape, He had already put in place a means of comfort and the reminder I needed to refocus my heart and mind. God had provided before I knew I needed the provision.
       This is isn't unusual for God, and any one who spends a lot of time with Him could probably tell you that it's His nature. God is always providing for His children whether in big ways or small and yesterday was an example of this. After spending a lot of the day in bitterness, pouting; really no different than what my toddlers were doing; I finally saw what I needed to get my head right again when I started focusing on Him and working on the blog. I didn't realize it at first but I had written a road map out of those feelings, in yesterday's post. By focusing on the Lord  and the freedom He provided it is possible to overcome difficult situations and stay in joy but there I was stupidly clinging onto them until He touched my heart with His word and opened my eyes to what I was doing, or really not doing. The moment I heard the words play through my mind I began tearing up, eventually weeping in prayer as I thanked Him for the word and asked for forgiveness because of the bitterness I had allowed into my heart.
       In Colossians 3:1-3 Paul writes "1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God" This is essentially what happened yesterday and brought me back out of the flesh into the Spirit again. When I focused my mind on higher things, on God and what was done thru Yeshua, I was restored to a place of peace, I was once again able to look past what was going on around me and focus on the things God wanted me think about. When I was focused on the Lord I was able to see that I didn't have to stay in those feelings because they did nothing but distract me from God and pull me low. I was reminded that in Jesus there is joy, and I had been robbing myself if it by focusing on temporal, fleeting things. Today I am focused and grateful for God's provision and the way He lovingly nudges us when we fall off course. I am grateful that in Yeshua I am an overcomer and not a victim of circumstance and emotion. I am grateful that in God I always have hope, and joy, and an abundance of love. Stay close to the Lord brothers and sisters, and be blessed.

Isaiah 26:3   
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

Isaiah 41:10   
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Romans 8:5   
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

Hebrews 2:1   
Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment