Tuesday, July 14, 2015

God Hears Our Prayers to Sow

       This morning I am thinking about how God is faithful to answer our prayers when we are faithful to Him. I am thinking about how important it is to keep the faith and to keep speaking faith even when you don't see the things and changes you think you should, how the breakthrough comes when everything seems to be getting worse. These are things that I am seeing to be true all the time, more and more as I seek Him more and more. Am I saying I have everything I pray for, no. But I am saying that I see how God moves in my life, how little by little He is moving us closer to the fulfillment of the promises He made to us, especially in one area in particular for me of late.
       Ever since I wrote the post "Neglected Call" a while back I have been praying for opportunity to share with my family, to plant seeds in their hearts for our Lord. I know my family well enough to know that to push it on them would only push them away, so I have been praying for things to happen so that they seek Him, that they'll have things happen that cause them to ask questions. And God is faithful. I shared with you recently the testimony of my brother seeing something amazing in the heavens and how he came to me with his questions and I was able to counsel him to seek the Lord, but my brother isn't the only person who has had their curiosity peeked by the Lord lately.
       There's been someone else in my life who I have been praying for and though I didn't know it they have been watching me and testing my responses. They had fallen away from faith during a struggle, not giving up believing that there is a God or that Jesus is His son who died and rose for us, but they stopped seeking the Lord, stopped spending time with Him, feeling it was better to stop seeking so they'd stop being attacked. But recently I have noticed an increase in interest of the Lord again. They are coming to me asking questions, seeking prayer, praying with me, and a few times now I've seen them watching sermons on TV. I've noticed subtle changes in their attitude and how some things that they used to like and defend they are now saying "I can't believe I let that in my life for so long."
       Honestly, when they first started asking questions it felt like they were really just trying to make me stumble or cause doubt in my own mind, but it back fired on them as I had been praying for the opportunity to share the word with them, and turn them back to our Father. As they asked questions, the Lord provided answers, sometimes days in advance for what would be asked by this person. Each question poised to make me doubt only showed them the trust I had in God, and through that situation I was able to share with them how God moves which has caused them to reflect. I have shared with this person my shortcomings and how I am learning to give everything to God, all of which this person watched to see if it was true. And now, after time patience, and a struggle that made me wonder if I should even bother anymore, this person is now frequently coming to me with revelations of things that need to change in their life as they rebuild, and build on what they tried to walk away from. Now, they are beginning to see they needed God all along, and that life was more complete with Him.   
       I shared this today as reminder that God is faithful. He is answering my prayers for the salvation of my family and giving me the opportunities that I prayed for to throw out seeds, and God can do it for you too. He is changing me everyday, and those that I pray for He is turning to Him, and He can do the same for you. Sometimes it'll look like nothing is happening, that the prayers are falling on deaf ears but our God hears us when we pray. I am watching, praising, and continuing to pray as I am seeing how the Lord is slowly changing the hearts and minds around me, one event after another in their life causing them to search, reflect, and change. One day at a time, and this is not something special to me but something that can happen in the life of other believers too. Our God is faithful, of that I He has made me certain. 

Psalm 37:4-5   
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.

Isaiah 65:24   
Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.

John 15:7   
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

1 John 5:14-15   
14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment