Friday, March 13, 2015

The Sun Always Comes Back Out.

        Right now there are good days, bad days, and really bad days, but I am still able to smile and say 'I love the Lord' because I know that everything that feels like it could, or should destroy me is really being worked out for my good. This knowledge has helped me a lot, this reassurance has made it possible for me to keep from sinking back into depression and to keep calm enough to not have any panic or anxiety attacks. I have had my moments of weakness, times where I sit in frustration and cry, asking God when it will be over so I can rest again; moments where I am angry, tired and done with all of it; moments when my flesh is stronger than my spirit. But those are just moments and when those moments occur, I am met by my God, met by His Holy Spirit and I am comforted, strengthened and reminded that though it is hard it will not last forever, the sun always comes back out.
       I know I am not the only one going through tough times right now, I know I am not the only one in need of prayer, and that's why I wrote this today. It is a hard lonely place to be when you are hurting, even just going through the day can feel like scaling a mountain. But if you place yourself, place your trust, and all that you have mind, body and soul into the hands of your Creator you will find what you need. He can provide the comfort you seek, it's in His word His love letter to you. He can provide you peace and the ability to look beyond your circumstances to the joy that is coming. If you focus on Jesus nothing will stop you from walking on the water in the storm, if your focus and trust is in the Lord even the worst situations will have a silver lining.
       When you do as the apostle James tells us in James 1:2-4 and count all trails as joy you will see God working in your life. You will remember God's faithfulness in the past and take courage from it. This attitude of confidence in the Lord will gird you against the trails and allow Him to do the work in you that He desires. It won't be comfortable, and it won't be instant but God will use every storm in your life to produce good fruits if you are just willing to trust in Him and give God thanks and praise. Be blessed in Jesus name.

        That's my post today, but before I close I just I want to say thank you, thank you to the Father in Heaven, thank you to my amazing husband, thank you to my wonderful family, thank you to my great supportive friends, and thank you to everyone who has been reading, commenting and supporting me with prayer and words of encouragement. These last two weeks have been really hard for me, but God has allowed me to come through this situation with grace and to see all the good that is slowly coming from this bad situation. I can see how through the struggle it is rebuilding my relationship with my mother, teaching my husband and myself new things, and showing us how much He loves us through all the prayers and support our family has received. The waves are still crashing around us, and they keep coming, but we are praising Him for these good things He has blessed us with already during the storm. We appreciate all of you and your prayers!
 
Deuteronomy 31:6        
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

Isaiah 43:2        
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10        
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

 Hebrews 13:15        
Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.     

No comments:

Post a Comment