Friday, March 6, 2015

All Creation Testifies

       This morning I heard a song on the radio and in the lyrics it said 'all creation testifies to the glory of the King,' and I have been stuck on that thought ever since. As a nature lover this is something I actually think about often, especially when I am out hiking with my husband and we discover something beautiful on the trails. Often we will just stop in awe and stare, taking it in as much as possible with a grateful heart, before of course taking photos.
       Many people go to church in search of God, they know church is supposed to be God's house and believe that is where the Holy Spirit resides. And that isn't a wrong thought if you go to a church that teaches the whole, truthful gospel, He is there, but He is also within you if you have surrendered to God and accepted Jesus as your Savior. And I will be honest with you now, for me and my husband, being in nature is where we go in search of God and His presence. We have both said on multiple occasions that we feel closer to God when we hiking than sitting in church. For us, hiking is an act of worship, an act of communing together and with God. For us, there is something about being on the trail that puts things in perspective and fills us up with love and admiration for our great God. When we are walking the trails, we begin to realize how small we are, and how big our Creator is. We start to really notice the things around us, and really appreciate the testimony that is found in the diversity all around us.
       I don't know if I am explaining this well, I don't know if anyone else gets what I mean when I am writing about the testimony of creation, but I do know that this is not a new idea and we aren't the first to understand it. Paul wrote about it in Romans 1:20; and before that it was talked about in Job 12:7-10 where it says to question the animals, earth, and sea, that the life of every creature is in His hands, and we also see in Psalm 19 that David says that the skies proclaim the work of His hands. So obviously, others have been sharing in this experience of receiving the testimony around us for a really long time.
       And thinking on that idea, especially what David wrote about the skies, it amazes me just how big and powerful our God really is. He did not just create the earth, but the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 102:25; Hebrews 1:10; plus many more!), and how big is that? How vast is the sky? He created galaxies in this universe that I doubt we'll ever see, He created more planets than I know of, and literally billion of stars that the word tells us He calls by name(Psalm 147:4 & Isaiah 40:26)!  Think about that for minute! This is the God we serve, a God who created an entire universe to proclaim His power and glory! A God who is so large the Bible says that earth is His footstool(Isaiah 66:1)!
       Today, I ask you to look around you, look at the sky and think of it's vastness, look at the nature around you and realize that the same God who made you, made all of this. Listen with your heart to the testimony of His creation; then ask yourself why you worry so much, if He can do all of this, than what do I have to worry about? What do I have to be afraid of when I know that this awesome God who created all of this is with me?

Job 12:7-10
7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind.  
 
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
 
Psalm 50:6
And the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for he is a God of justice.
 
Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment