Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Seek, And You Will Find

       Someone asked me recently why it was that they did not have the relationship with the Lord that they used to, why they had stopped feeling as though the Lord was speaking to them when they read the word. So I asked them what they were doing different from that time before to now, and they answered me honestly with a look of shame that they weren't praying as much used to and that they weren't in the Word at all anymore. So I asked why, and they admitted that the reason was they got discouraged in a dry season and quit putting in the effort, feeling that they were getting no where and they became overwhelmed by their doubts, they still believe in God but they feel lost and don't know how to get back to the way it was.
       I totally understand how they felt, dry seasons, seasons where you don't hear or feel God's presence are extremely difficult, at times it can feel unbearable, and honestly that's the point of these seasons. The dry seasons are a time of learning, refining, and deepening of faith, a time to realize how much we need and desire Him. It is at that time that we should be digging deeper into the word, deeper into Yeshua, seeking Him more fervently than before. But I know from experience that this can be hard to do, especially if your dry season is lasting for months, maybe into years. The longer it last the harder it is to endure, and for many it is in these dry seasons that, like this previously mentioned person, they fall away. The silence from God and emptiness of not feeling Him near grows as they start to listen more to their doubts and to the world than they do spending time seeking Him.
       I wish I could have given them and you the perfect answer to this dilemma, I wish I could tell you what to do to get through the dry season and back to where you were. But to be honest the only thing I know to tell you came from that person as we spoke more on this subject, suddenly they turned to me and with tears in their eyes said this quote found at Matthew 7:7; and also Luke 11:9 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." I enthusiastically agreed with them and we both got silent after that, I could tell they were convicted in their heart and they were working through some things; so I let subject drop and gave them space to think.
       I don't know if this helped anyone but I pray that it did, I pray you don't let the dry season overtake you and fall off course, stay in the word and press deeper each day! But if you have already fallen off the strait and narrow, know its never too late to come back. Jesus is always willing to love you and in fact never stopped. Seek Him with all your heart, all your soul, and all your energy and you will find Him(Deuteronomy 4:29), Yeshua will make His presence known to you again if you are willing to repent and come back. You have never fallen too far that the Creator of the universe can't find you. Be blessed.

Deuteronomy 4:29
"But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.

Psalm 34:4
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Amos 5:4
This is what the LORD says to Israel: "Seek me and live;

Matthew 7:7-12
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.                

No comments:

Post a Comment