Friday, March 20, 2015

My Provider

       Yesterday I read Matthew 6 again and as I read verses 25-34 I started to really think about and appreciate the Lord's provision, I started to think about how big and how good our God is. I have always read this passage mostly as 'don't worry, God's in control' and that is essentially what it says, but without really looking in depth or letting it settle on my heart I missed the incredible peace that this passage brings. Maybe it's where I am at in life right now, but as I read Matthew 6:25-34 and thought how big and wonderful our God is I couldn't help but feel good, to feel light as if my burdens released while I read His word.
      For the first time yesterday I read that passage not as 'don't worry,' but as 'I am is providing for you' and it changed my entire day. There was a confidence that came over me as I read that passage yesterday and I was able to really let go of my worries. Something hit me deep while I read it and thought of who God is. The God of angel armies is providing you, the God of miracles, the God who parted the seas and created the earth, the God who died for you is providing for you! And all He wants is your love and devotion. I am is providing for you, what reason is there to worry?
       Now am I saying go quit your job it's okay, God will make sure your rent is paid somehow? No, but if that is something God has asked you to do please don't worry and just trust Him, but for everyone else who hasn't had the Lord tell them that, what I'm trying to say is why are we sweating the small stuff? Seriously, God knows the number of the hairs on each of our heads, each(Matthew 10:30; Luke 12:7)! Do you realize what the world population is? It is over 7.3 BILLION PEOPLE; and He knows the number of the hairs on each person's head, but we're worried about what we will wear today? Think about it for a minute, think of the population, think of how many people that is, and God is capable of providing for each of us, He loves each of us, even when we deny Him, and you want to waste your time worrying?             
       This isn't the only place in the bible either where God is made known as our provider, Philippians 4:19  says 'And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.' And in Psalms 65:9-13 it describes some of the many ways the Father provides. I realize that most us do know that God is our provider, I did too before I read that  passage again yesterday, but knowing it and feeling it to your core are two different things and I believe that's what hit me yesterday, what hasn't left me today. I can finally accept that there really isn't any need for me to get worried, worked up or upset, Yahweh can handle it all. Blessings and peace to you all.

Psalm 65:9-13
9 You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water
to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.
10 You drench its furrows and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers and bless its crops.
11 You crown the year with your bounty,
and your carts overflow with abundance.
12 The grasslands of the wilderness overflow;
the hills are clothed with gladness.
13 The meadows are covered with flocks
and the valleys are mantled with grain;
they shout for joy and sing.
 
Psalm 104:19-24
19 He made the moon to mark the seasons,
and the sun knows when to go down.
20 You bring darkness, it becomes night,
and all the beasts of the forest prowl.
21 The lions roar for their prey
and seek their food from God.
22 The sun rises, and they steal away;
they return and lie down in their dens.
23 Then people go out to their work,
to their labor until evening.
24 How many are your works, Lord!

In wisdom you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures 

Luke 12:24        
Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!      

No comments:

Post a Comment