Thursday, February 19, 2015

Is This The World You Want To Be Apart Of?

       Becoming popular has never really been something I was ever interested in. I realize that is pretty strange for a blogger to say because the point of writing blogs is typically to amass a huge following and become popular but when I started doing this I never expected that to happen, I thought if I got one or two people to react to these writings and got my books out there a little bit that would be enough for me. Even when I was in school, I never really envied the popular kids, I never wanted to be like them, mostly I just looked at them in confusion. I never understood why the cruel kids were cool, why the users were popular but those who showed kindness were trampled on. This world has always seemed backwards to me because I much rather praise the straight A student who always has a helping hand than the athlete who may be talented on the field but lacks good character off it, (before I get any responses about how all athletes aren't like that I want you to know I am aware of that this is just an example not a generalization.)
       Why am I bringing up popularity and our world's backward stance on who's cool and who's not? Mostly to point out that it is backwards, and to ask you, do you really want the approval of a world that encourages a 'me first' attitude with little consideration for the man standing next to you? Do you really want the acceptance of a world that teaches morals are objective to the individuals and not an absolute truth? Do you really want the world teaching your children that telling little white lies are okay so long as no one gets hurt, because isn't that really just the same as teaching them to lie? When we look at the bigger picture of this world and what is encouraged and accepted today and the consequences of it, I have to ask, is this the world you want to be apart of? Or is there something in your heart like mine that cries out this is not right! This is not how the world is supposed to live!
       To those who understood where I was coming from above I want to say that I really think and believe that we feel this way because of Jesus in us. I think that crying out in our hearts that says "this is not right!" is the Holy Spirit, I believe that there is a deep knowledge in our hearts of God's laws and what He wants His children to be like and what He wants us to stay away from. I feel this way because of things I have read in the Bible, verses like Hebrews 10:11-18;  Psalm 119:9-11, and John 10:14-16. I also believe that this feeling, this longing in our souls for our world to be different is a reminder that we have work to do here, we are His hands and feet and the only way for things to change is for us to act on that longing, to respond to our heart's cries 'of this is not right!' by showing the world what is right and who Jesus is!
       So, I ask you again, is this the world you want to be a part of? And if not, what are you going to do about it? Are you just going to continue sitting around waiting for the Lord's return or will you fulfill His two greatest commandments (Matthew 22:37-40) in obedience by loving Him first and your neighbor as yourself? Will you set yourself a part for your Messiah, and honor Him by walking in His ways? Are you willing to pick up that cross?

Ezra 10:11
Now honor the LORD, the God of your ancestors, and do his will. Separate yourselves from the peoples around you and from your foreign wives

Psalm 37:31
The law of their God is in their hearts; their feet do not slip.

Psalm 40:6-8
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire—
but my ears you have opened —
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.
I desire to do your will, my God;
your law is within my heart.”


Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Romans 12:2        
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.      

No comments:

Post a Comment