Thursday, March 31, 2016

Love Pursues

        Recently I shared with you all how over the last month or two the stressful situations we are encountering over took me and I backslide a bit. I shared how God brought this to my attention with a passage in the bible He led my husband to read a loud, and yesterday I shared how some good advice from a friend helped me to lay the burdens at the cross. These situations made me think back to other times in my life when I was far from God and how even then He reached out to me calling me to Him.
        As I thought on this it pressed on me how God never lets His children go, He is always shepherding us, bringing us to Him even when we stray. How Jesus will always reach out to us, maybe in a bible verse, a song, or the words of friends or family.  How He's in those quiet moments where our hearts tell us that it's time for a change. How He's in the friend urging us to go to church or comforting us with words of encouragement. Never forceful, but always loving and kind He gently corrects us and reminds of the simple truth, in Him there is peace and rest for our souls(Exodus 33:14; Matthew 11:28-30;Psalm 127:2; and more).
       I thought of all this and was brought back to a place of humble gratefulness for my Savior, for the one who bore my sins, and yet still loves me enough to pursue me when I stray. He knows the worst of me, He knows when and how I have failed, how recently I have held onto my burdens more than Him and let fear cause doubts and worry to rise up in my heart. But still He reminded me of His love and pursued me, getting my attention once more and pulling me up from the waves of the storm that crashed about me before I was completely over taken.
      The love of our Savior, of our God is so very different, so very strong and unchanging, and it's open to all of us. Even if you have fallen away, backslide, or never made the commitment, God still loves you and sent His son to die in your place, but He didn't stop there. He loves you enough that as the good shepherd He pursues you. He searches for you and reaches out to you, desiring to bring you back into His flock(Luke 15:3-7). Brothers and sisters, today I encourage you to look to our Shepherd and rejoice in His love, let it humble you and if you haven't already I encourage you to give you life to Him, not only in words but in your heart. Give everything to Him who laid down His life for you. In Yeshua's name, be blessed my dear family.

Isaiah 40:28-31   
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 41:13   
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

Luke 15:3-7
 Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?  And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent

1 John 4:10   
In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment