Thursday, November 6, 2014

Blessed Despite Stress.

      This has been an extremely trying week! It's been one of those weeks where everyday something bad has happened, not little bad things but issues, things that need addressed but aren't necessarily comfortable to deal with or just a bad thing that happened like hitting my car Monday, and almost getting hit on my drive home from work yesterday because for one reason or another they didn't or weren't able to stop at their stop sign. Everyday there has been something to get me upset or stressed out, but I am praising God anyway!
       See, Monday could have been worse, I hit my car because I avoided hitting a person. Tuesday was stressful too, and I didn't handle the day as well as I should have, but I was still able to thank God for the little things and people who helped to make the day brighter for me as I struggled through in prayer, and yesterday I was almost hit again, but wasn't and that certainly is a blessing! I have always had a fear of being hit by another car while driving so I am very aware of the other vehicles and was able to react in time to avoid the accident.
       I count all of the above as blessings. I am grateful for all the ways I have been blessed despite my stress. I see and understand that while it has been a stressful week, it has also been a blessed one, and when I look at these experiences as a whole I see it all as one big learning experience and opportunity to grow in my relationship with God. It is all a chance to say 'God, I don't like these things, but I trust that whatever happens you will use it for your glory! I trust that these things have happened to grow me and for my good, not harm.'
     
Psalm 69:29-30
29 But as for me, afflicted and in pain—
may your salvation, God, protect me.
30 I will praise God’s name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.      
   
James 1:2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Romans 12:12
12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment