Monday, November 24, 2014

Invitation to Gratitude

       This week here in the States it is Thanksgiving, and for me it also marks one year that I have been writing on this blog and started pursuing my dream of being a published writer. I have been really blessed this past year, not only because my blog has done better than I expected, but because my relationship with the Lord has grown so much.
       I have seen my character grow and change this past year as I made pursuing God and sharing what I am learning with others a priority in my life. I have seen how you can intend for something to go a certain way but if placed in the hands of God it can become something different, something better and unexpected! I have learned to endure storms by seeking shelter in the presence of the Father, I have learned the power of the name of Jesus in times of fear and I have learned to praise Him in my pain and heartache. I have much to be grateful for this year at Thanksgiving, and everyday. 
       I want to invite you to be grateful too, I want to invite you to turn to the Father today with a heart that is truly seeking Him and see what He can change in you in a year. Make a commitment to spend time with Him everyday and see where He moves you! If you are willing to surrender in obedience to the Almighty I can promise you that you will not be disappointed, you will be up lifted! God never fails to provide for those who seek Him, God never fails at all.
       I ask you today to look into your heart, spend some time in quiet solitude thinking of all that you to be grateful for, and all that you overcome, this was all done by God's grace. Give thanks to the Father in heaven, seek Him diligently, and recognize that He loves you.

Psalm 100:1-5        
A Psalm for giving thanks.
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

1 Chronicles 29:12-14        
Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name. “But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment