Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Never Stop Praying

       Prayer is extremely powerful, it may not work the exact minute you pray but trust me it works! I have been praying for a situation for about two maybe two and half years now, and there were times when it seemed hopeless, like my prayers would never be answered, and when I did get a flicker of hope the rug would be pulled out from underneath me again leaving me looking up to God and wondering why. Now though, after all that time the battle is ending and my prayers are being answered, things are moving rapidly in a positive direction and my heart is filled with joy and praise for my heavenly Father!
       I shared that short praise report with you about what God has done for me because I want you to be encouraged. I know first hand how hard it can be to stay in prayer for something when in the natural it looks like you are taking two steps forward only to take one step back again, but even that is progress; as painfully slow as it is! And trust me, there were many times where this situation felt like it was so painfully slow that I would cry uncontrollably and beg God for comfort, beg Him for a reason to hope. But I never gave up praying and that's the important part.
       No matter what happened, no matter how hard or unfair things felt I kept praying and kept believing for restoration, I kept in the word. I kept telling myself and saying often out loud to God that I knew this struggle had purpose, and I knew my prayers would be answered in His perfect timing. I had no doubt that it would happen and persisted and pushed myself in faith to stay in prayer. I sought Him more each day in His word, and thanked Him for answering my prayer without proof or reason to. This was all part of the process, and an important lesson in the power of prayer, God's timing, and His ability to completely flip a situation when the time is right, which is exactly what happened in my situation.
       If you have been praying for something and are struggling to hold onto hope that your prayer will be answered I urge you to keep praying, keep believing and dig even deeper into the word. Give thanks without evidence, and reassure yourself through time alone with God in prayer and reading the Bible that God will answer in His perfect timing or open up an opportunity that's even better! Push your faith beyond the limits of what you imagined you could handle and you will find God supplying you with more than you expected, I am not talking physical things here but spiritual,  you will find more faith than you thought you had, more patience than you expected, and more strength and grace to face the struggle than you could have imagined. This is just one way how God exposes His divine glory to you and through you.

Psalm 55:22        
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Psalm 107:28-31
28 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he brought them out of their distress.
29 He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
30 They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven.
31 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind.  
 
 Mark 11:24 
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Philippines 4:4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus   

No comments:

Post a Comment