Thursday, November 13, 2014

With All Your Heart and With All Your Soul.

       Yesterday I wrote about how I had prayed for over two years about a situation and how suddenly things are moving rapidly in a better direction, I did my best to encourage you to stay in prayer and to seek God through the struggle, while sharing my experience so that you could see and understand that God is STILL a God of miracles who answers prayers, He is a God who loves you and will fulfill any promises He makes to you in His perfect timing. I didn't write that to brag on my relationship but to encourage you in yours, to encourage you to seek God, because if you are not looking to God and are instead relying on man you are doomed.
       I feel like I need to say this again, do not rely on me or anyone else to teach you who God is, seek Him, He wants a personal relationship with you. Reading devotional blogs, books, and listening to sermons are all good ways to gain understanding, but if you are not reading the word yourself you are missing a vital part of a relationship with God. I know I go back to this every couple of days but it is extremely important! I really feel in my spirit too many are relying on writers and preachers to tell them or teach them who God is, and He is telling you 'Seek me, and I will provide you with the answers you need!'
       I just can't get rid of this feeling that I need to keep repeating this, you have to seek God for yourself, you have to be reading His word for yourself, there are many wolves out there and if you are not in God's word reading it and praying over it yourself you will not be able to recognize them when they come. If you are not spending time with Him everyday you are leaving yourself vulnerable to any lie someone may hand you. To know the truth you must get it from a source that doesn't lie, people lie, thankfully God does not and is your best source for learning who He is through the Holy Spirit upon genuine acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
       I want everyone who reads these post to seek to honor, glorify, and personally know God. I pray everyday before, during, and after the writing of these post that people will turn to Him. It is His desire that not one of His children should perish, but that we all receive eternal life with Him in heaven, but we can not enter into the gates if we do not know Him! Being a good person without a life centered on God is like drying your hair before you get in the shower, pointless because it accomplishes nothing. You must have a relationship with God and have accepted Jesus Christ not only in words but in spirit.

Deuteronomy 4:29        
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Proverbs 8:17        
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Jeremiah 29:12-14        
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

Matthew 6:33        
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 7:7-8        
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

John 15:5-8
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment