Tuesday, September 29, 2015

No Prayer is Wasted

       Yesterday in several of the communities that I belong to I shared a praise report about my cousin. I have been praying for him and several of my other cousins who are unsaved for a while now and was very excited to find out this weekend that God has been working to answer my prayer. My cousin isn't saved yet still, but I trust the Lord to finish what He has begun. I know to some it may seem silly that I am praising God for answering my prayer when he still isn't saved and neither are my other cousins but I have found that praising God for each step of the journey keeps you motivated in prayer, and keeps you focused on goodness of God. Yesterday I decided to share this praise report for that reason and  because I wanted to remind people that prayer does work, but that it isn't always right away that we get our answers, sometimes we have to wait, sometimes we have to be persistent in prayer. And sometimes God answers our prayer and we know nothing about it.
       It was the last part I was thinking about this morning, because had my cousin not told my husband that he had begun praying, I never would have known that my prayers for him were being answered. My cousin and I honestly aren't that close, mostly because of an age gap of about 6-7 years, but he and my husband are friends being about the same age and able to relate on a lot of different things. This makes it a lot easier for him to tell Nick things than me, to him I will always be his little cousin, the little girl who ran her mouth and he had to always protect. It's been a long time since he has had to protect me, but I know he still sees me as that little girl, and it makes it hard for him to confide in me, that and I'm girl, not one of the boys. But anyway to get back on topic, if Nick had never told me that my cousin had begun to pray and believe that God was answering his prayers, I never would have known, and that sometimes is how prayer works, we don't get to always see the victory, sometimes we just have to believe.
       I don't know of any instances in the Bible where this is talked about, so if I'm wrong completely disregard me, but it is something that I thought of after the situation with my cousin. We don't always get to see the victory we pray for, sometimes we just believe that God is going to answer or has. This is often the circumstance with people online, many people ask for prayers in these Christian communities, and many will respond, but we don't always get to hear back from the person to find out how and when the Lord responded. Some people consider this wasted prayer and won't respond to prayer request online for that reason, but I disagree. I believe no prayer is wasted, God hears us and will respond, the response may be 'no,' but still we have done what is right by praying for one another.
       I could be wrong, but I don't believe that God only wants us to pray for the battles that we will see victory in, in the situations where we will receive gratitude for our efforts. I think sometimes we are supposed to pray just as an act of love and obedience. I think we are supposed to pray for people from a selfless place, not one seeking glory or recognition. I think sometimes we just need to count it as joy, as a blessing to pray for others, whether we get to see the answered prayer or not. And for me that includes those who have come onto my post with hateful things to say, or just being rude because  I know they need love more than anyone. I realize when I do this that I'll probably never get to see the fruits of those prayers, that I may never know if they eventually came to the Lord, but I know in my more worldly days that people did the same for me and it did bare fruit.
       I'm sorry for anyone who came to this post expecting a devotional today and instead got my rambling about prayer, sometimes I just have to type what is on my heart and mind. God bless you, and keep pressing forward my sisters and brothers for Yeshua's glory!

Matthew 5:44-48
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

James 5:13-16     
13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Timothy 2:1-4   
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment