Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Overcoming the Lies

     I once saw myself as worthless, I believed my life was going nowhere and I had nothing more to look forward to than more poverty and more struggling to stay a float.  I believed that I didn't deserve love and that I had to earn it from those who surrounded me, but somehow I always just seemed to disappoint them or myself in process. I saw my life ahead of me as a long road of misery with no chance for opportunity or lasting joy. I saw myself as an old bitter lady someday because I had been dealt a bad set of cards and wasn't able to do anything about it. I saw myself as someone who would end up alone except for maybe a hoard of cats, because I didn't deserve love, I didn't deserve respect and I didn't deserve happiness.
       These are the lies I told myself, these are the lies I believed and operated under for a long time. Even after coming to Yeshua I still battled these thoughts and feelings, but as I grew to know Him and why He came; slowly they have gone away. As the truth came into my heart and filled my soul, the lies and fog have retreated. The more I came to know Jesus and how He sees us, how God sees me, the less I believed the lies I had once clung to. Just as the Word promises, if you cling to the Lord the devil will flee from you.
       I am thinking of this this morning and how far the Lord has brought me, how much He has changed me, and how that girl I was, the girl who felt that way could not imagine the life I have now.  I still have troubles, I still have issues in my heart and life that I am dealing with, but I know now that I am worthy of love, respect, and happiness. I know now that these are not things that I have to earn, that they are free gifts, the results of Love's sacrifice on the cross and the acceptance of Jesus as my Savior. I know now that I don't have to struggle alone because God is always with me and He is my refuge, my safe place of peace and clarity.
       I will be honest though, these changes in me didn't happen overnight. It happened over years as I steadily sought Him more and held onto the words of the scripture, using them as a sword to cut thru my pain and sorrows as I repeated the words and reminded myself of His promises. At every turn, at every bump in the road and heart ache that has come my way since then, His Word has held me up and encouraged me. In His Word I found the answers for my worries, the hope for tomorrow, and a reason to love others without fear of rejection. I found salvation and the keys to life in His Word, because the Word is not just the Bible it is Christ the Living Word (John 1:14) who died for us. Because of this, because of who God is I no longer see myself or my future the way I once did. Because Truth has entered my life and set me free from that deception I can now tell others with confidence,God is able and with Him you can overcome. Be Blessed, today and always my friends.

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Ephesians 4:25
Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.

Philippians 4:8-9
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment