Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Thank You

       There was a time in my life where I thought I had to go through all my struggles alone. That I couldn't depend on anyone and that no one was on my side except sometimes God. I didn't ask for prayer then, I thought everyone, including God at times, had bigger, better, or more important things to deal with than what was going on in my life. But in this past year I have learned how much we need each other in God's kingdom. I have learned that God places people in our life for lessons, comfort, teaching, prayer and even sometimes rebuke. Right now I could not be more grateful for the people in my life who pray with and for me. You will never know how much it touches me, how much it means to this person who used to call herself a loner, that you care.
      A little over a year ago, asking for prayer was a scary thing for me, whether it was for myself or someone else, usually I would end up keeping it to myself and praying alone. Now a year later I know and accept that I need to ask others for their support, not just because the Bible says when we have others pray in agreement it will be done(Matthew 18:19), but because when I put up a request or share one I have realized that the body is there to support and encourage also. Sometimes it's just by saying you're praying, and other times it's sharing a comforting word from scripture, or a word that you feel God is placing on your heart, this all helps.
      Today isn't a long post, or even really a devotional post as I usually write, today I simply wanted to take the time to say thank you. Thank you to all the people who follow these post, to everyone who is praying, and most importantly thank you to the Father for the beautiful way He has knit us together as a family loving Him and each other as we are working towards the same  goal, spreading the gospel of Yeshua. Again, thank you my family. Be blessed today and always for the glory of our Savior!

Psalm 100:2   
Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!

Psalm 107:1   
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

Ephesians 1:16   
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers

Hebrew 12:28-29
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so  worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment