Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dig In

     Yesterday I was sitting in the sand, and I noticed that when the wave hit the shore and swept back out there were all these beautiful little colored pebbles on the ground. I showed one to Nick, who told me it wasn't a pebble, it was a muscle, (we think that's what they were, neither of us is very good with water species.) when I sat it back on the dirt, I saw this tiny creature burrow back into the sand. It had my interest now.
      Each time the wave came in it would sweep away sand to reveal tons of these things, then they would burrow back into the dirt again. I have no idea how long I watched them, but I was there for a while. I just thought they were so neat.
     Then this morning I thought about it some more, every time the wave comes and leaves them exposed they burrow back in ground again. I thought about this, then I thought about God as the sand and us as the muscles. See, life is the wave, it'll whip us around wash, and us away to destruction. But if we continue to dig into God each day, each time that wave hits, you'll always be safe and home.

Proverbs 18:10
The name of The Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment