Monday, June 23, 2014

Never Does He Fail

     On Friday I talked about feeling the need to go for a drive to be alone with the Lord. I felt that I needed this time to get some clarity, to hear His voice in an undistracted place. But I didn't fully understand why I needed to do it, I just felt it was necessary.  I drove to a playground beside where I lived as a little girl and sat on a swing reading my Bible. I prayed and read scriptures for probably close to two hours.
     There was no sudden change, no amazing, huge, miraculous sign or some great revealing that changed everything. There was however, passage after passage of God fulfilling His promise, times of waiting and trail, followed by the Lord's victory. I found peace and comfort in the passages I was lead to, and as the weekend progressed I started to see the fulfillment of some of the promises I had been waiting years on.
     Waiting to see things in the natural is hard, and if you are only looking at things  in the natural, in the world, it can seem impossible for things to change. But God never fails, He can do in an instant what it seemed to you to be impossible. Never under estimate the power of our Lord, and remain obedient, even in the small things that don't seem to add up or make sense to you. Trust in the Lord and His purpose for your life and you will never be disappointed.

James 5:7-8
7 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. 8 You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment