Friday, June 20, 2014

Alone With Him

     When I was a little girl and my heart was heavy sometimes I would run away from everyone and find a quiet place outside where I could be alone with God. Often it was at a farm near by my aunt's house, or a quiet walk in the woods at my grandparents, or when I was home I'd hide in my backyard or bedroom. There were times when I did this and I didn't really understand why I needed to do it, I just knew there was something in my soul that yearned to be alone with Him. And after I did, I usually felt better about things, somehow things always seemed clearer, and I felt renewed.
     Lately, I've been feeling this need a lot. I read my Bible and pray everyday, but right now that doesn't feel like enough. I feel like I need to step away from everything and everyone around me to find clarity in Him again. I don't know how many will understand this, maybe no one, maybe everyone, I know I need to do it though. I'm not talking about long, and it won't effect this blog at all, I think. But I feel like it's necessary. I'm not sure honestly why I am sharing this need with you. I don't understand why I have it, but I am doing my best to understand.
     I know usually I talk about what God has done in my life, the changes that have occurred because of His love and forgiveness, or struggles, or applying some scriptures to life, but I really felt like I needed to share this today, to share what is in my heart and on my mind. I believe and trust it to be the Spirit guiding me, maybe someone reading has been the feeling the same way I am, maybe I just needed to write it down to get up the nerve to obey. I don't really know, but I trust Him, I trust that there is a purpose for these urgings in my spirit.
     As we each go forward today I pray that you listen not with your ears, but with your soul. Listen for the urges, feel them and obey. Be brave enough to step out of the world and into His presence. Do what seems scary or impossible, the Lord is with you and He never fails.

1 Timothy 1:15-17
 15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment