Monday, June 9, 2014

The world is a big place, but it needs love too!

   Last night I got to do something that I never knew if I could before, I got to touch the Atlantic Ocean. Living in land that's a big deal for me, and the event was surreal! If I didn't wake up in a hotel room, and hadn't taken a sea shell from the beach I'd think it was all a dream!
     I'm an outdoorsy kind of girl, and have spent most of my life since childhood playing in the dirt, the mud, and climbing trees in the woods. I never expected to go to the beach so I never looked into much, I told everyone it was because I just wasn't interested in the beach. But now that I have experienced it, and I am amazed!
     It has put in perspective for me just how big our world is! I think I was stuck in the mindset of just thinking about things in the terms of  my little corner of the world, but yesterday reminded me how marlevous and big a world our Creator has masterfully knit together!
      One thing marred this experience for me though, one things sticks out as being upsetting, litter left on the beach. I understand people drop stuff sometimes,we forget stuff and leave it behind by accident, but intentional, deliberate littering is so gross! I hate seeing litter, and when I can I pick it up and throw it out myself. I realize technically, I can pick up all the time, and please forgive me that I don't, but I have some germ issues so if I don't have sanitizer or a plastic bag to pick it up with, I'm not touching it!
     Littering makes me really sad though, and this is my reason behind it, look around at nature, a flower or a tree. Look at and really examine the beauty of it, the function of it, the systems inside it that make it live and breathe, and aid us in making our air breathable, it's a masterpiece! So much love and attention to detail went into creating a planet we could exist on, and to destroy it with our rubbish, to take it for granted, I think is dishonoring to our Father.
     Today, take time to appreciate the beauty around you, allow it to soak into you. Do something to make the world beautiful for someone tomorrow.

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of this world God's invisible qualities-- His eternal power and divine nature-- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment