Wednesday, June 25, 2014

God is not the Author of Confusion

     Something happened over the weekend that caused me a lot of confusion, I couldn't make sense of the event and its distracted me a lot since. My mind kept going back to the event and replaying it over and over again. And each time I did my heart would beat wildly like in the presence of the spirit, but instead of clarity there was confusion, instead of peace there was chaos in my brain. I was frustrated and wanted to understand, I wanted it to stop and the peace to return, so prayed to God for clarity over the situation, and was led to seek counsel from a friend and sister in Christ who I knew could help me understand.
       After describing the situation to her she was able to help me with just 6 words; as soon as I read them I knew she was right and it all started to make sense after that. What she said to me was 'God is not the author of confusion.' Bam! It hit me then! If this event had been from God I would have clarity, not chaos in my soul, I would be confident and at peace not tormented. My friend suggested that it may have been a spiritual attack, so I prayed, and since that moment I have seen this verse repeatedly, John 15:26 'Jesus said: "I will send you the Helper- the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and testify all about me." I feel this is confirmation of what my friend spoke to me and it has brought me peace to accept this message.
      Now there is no more confusion, and I feel at ease once more. This was a valuable lesson to me, something I hope not to forget. When God commands you, you may have doubt and fear but you will have clarity also, a certainty that this was of the Lord and what needs to be done, but if there is no clarity, no certainty that it was God beware. 1 Corinthians 14:33 says 'For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.' Satan thrives on confusing, frustrating, and deceiving God's children, our best defense is knowledge and understanding of God's word.

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment