Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's Because of Him

       Every now and again I feel it is important to remind the people who read these post that I am no one special. There is nothing really incredible or amazing about me, except Jesus in my heart. I want to remind people that while I appreciate the praise, it's all truly about God and to His glory. The only thing I have set out to do is share what I am experiencing and learning in the Holy Spirit and encourage others in their walk. I do not claim any special title or gifting, I am just an ordinary woman that wants to share the testimony of Yeshua, because it changed my life and I want others to know how to break free from the world too! I want to share what God has done and give hope to the broken, because I know God is able.
       As I learn to rely on Him and His Word more I am learning to be free from my anxieties, from my burdens and shame, and that the Holy Bible is really a truth that will transform you from the inside. It didn't happen overnight, or even in a year, but as I sought Him more, the more I changed for the better. The more I applied the scripture to my life; tried to glean the lessons from difficult situations, and sought His guidance thru them, the easier burdens have become to endure. The more time spent in prayer and fasting, the easier it has become to resist certain temptations, and it's all because God is working. Every bit of this is a reflection on the greatness of the Father, His mercy and love, because it is not something I could do on my own.
       On my own I could never get it right no matter how hard I tried. On my own I was easily led into destructive habits to try and fill the emptiness in my heart. On my own I doubted God and His Word, I scoffed at its words from my spot in the pew because I hadn't experienced its truth yet. On my own I thought I could do enough works and go to enough church that I could buy my way into heaven by my works, but with Jesus in my heart all of these lies have been defeated.
       It is impossible for man to be righteous on his own, we will fail every time, our flesh is weak and we end up giving into our lesser desires, every story in the Bible and really the world confirms this if you just look and pay attention(Romans 3:23). We are destructive and evil in our hearts without the Lord's correction. Our flesh will led us into pride, greed, wrath, lust, gluttony, slothfulness, and selfishness if left unchecked (Galatians 5:19-21). We need the Holy Spirit in order to combat this, the Holy Spirit through loving correction and conviction changes us to turn away from these things. By God we are strengthened to endure and succeed, we are able to walk away from our sins and into His presence.  But none of this could be possible with out Yeshua and what He did on the cross for us.
       Jesus is what makes the difference, He is the light of this world(John 1:4) and shines from within the hearts of all those who have surrendered to His healing sacrifice. It is only because of Him that I am here writing, it is only Him I that seek favor from. Without Jesus there would be no reason for me to do what I am, without Him I would still be stuck and miserable. But because of Him and what He has done I am like the Samaritan woman by the well calling to the others with my testimony to come to Him(John 4:3-42).

Isaiah 53:11   
Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities

Galatians 2:20    
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
                     
 Revelation 12:11   
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death                   

No comments:

Post a Comment