Friday, May 22, 2015

Lay Down The Burden

       Not long ago I spoke to someone who is struggling, they want what they once had with God, but they are afraid they have strayed too far. I tried to reassure them, to remind them of God's grace, His forgiveness towards His children, and I wish now that I had also remembered to share the story of the one lost sheep (Matthew 18:12-14 & Luke 15:3-7) or the prodigal son(Luke 15:11-32). Both are great stories, great examples of what I was trying to help this person see, that God loves us beyond measure, He loves us unconditionally, regardless of where we have failed and where we have gone wrong. Both tell the story of how important we are to God, and to make that point even more abundantly clear to us God allowed His son to be beaten, humiliated, nailed to a cross and die so that in the resurrection of Christ you could have freedom from the law and death, so you could have access to the Kingdom of God for eternity.
       I want you to think about that please, look into your heart and realize this was victory! The cross is a story of great power! Because of Yeshua, because He died and rose again you are free if you only are willing to follow Him, to make Him first. God does not care about your past if you are willing to make Him your future. Because of the cross and what Christ did we can be made new and clean if we will accept the Son, and seek Him in all we do. Please realize that when we come to the cross in humbleness, admitting our sin and leaving it there, we are freed from our defeated enemy and able to overcome our sins, and past mistakes. Only through the power of the cross, the death and resurrection of Christ can you be forgiven! It was His blood shed for you that gives you the power to change, it was His sacrifice and the acceptance of it that has allowed the Holy Spirit to dwell within, guiding and correcting us that we might stay on the path of righteousness. It is because of Jesus and God's unending love for us that you have this opportunity. Don't hold onto what is keeping you apart.
       I know that sounds easier said than done, to let go of your regrets, fears and past mistakes. I know that if you're struggling you probably read that and said to yourself  'it's impossible, there's no way you can just let go of years of pain like that, in just a moment'. But I'm telling you, it can happen, it happened for me. I broke before the cross, surrendering myself to Yeshua and finally accepted the love He died to give me. Instantly I felt peace, I was overwhelmed by His presence and comfort, suddenly I knew I was loved and forgiven. I knew that I had always been, I just hadn't accepted it yet. Instantly I knew life was never going to be the same. And from that point it has only gotten better. There's been plenty of struggle, plenty of hard times, but Jesus has been with me every step of the way, filling me with hope to endure and grace to overcome.
       Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" Please, if you are struggling like my friend let these words from the Messiah settle on your heart, let His sacrifice move you to your soul, then give it to Him. Be blessed in the name of Yeshua.


Psalm 145:14   
The Lord upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down.


Psalm 55:22   
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved

Acts 2:38   
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 10:13   
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Peter 5:6-7   
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment