Friday, June 12, 2015

Clearing Out The Doubt

       Often I doubt myself, recently more than I have in a while. I doubt if what I am doing matters, I doubt that I'm hearing Him right. I doubt that I am good enough for Jesus, and I doubt that I am on the right course. I doubt that I love Him enough, or that I am worthy of His love, and I doubt things that God has used to confirm His truth to me. All I have in my heart is love for Him, but still I doubt the things and ways He shows up wondering am I crazy? Sometimes I feel like Thomas (John 20:24-29), I love God and I have seen and experienced many miracles, but still there is that little voice that asks, is it really Jesus?
       In my spirit I know the truth, I know that I am doing what He asked, I know that Jesus loves me, that He died and rose for me. I know that He lives in me and it is His Holy Spirit who is continually confirming the works of God in my life. I know that what I do here and with the children I nanny for matters because I see the love in them that they have for me, and I have had many share with me how God has used these post in their lives. So why is there doubt? Why is that persistent voice still there chirping at me to stop, give up, and back down? Why is there that voice that says I need to let this go because I am not in God's will, that I have stepped out of it and failed the test, that I have lost my ability to write post that are truly anointed by God?  Because it's one of the enemies favorite tools to disable us.
       And today I have had enough doubt! I have had enough of that little voice tormenting me and making me doubt who I was called to be Christ. I am done giving it leeway in my mind! Today I rebuke doubt and stand on the Rock! Today I pick up my cross, dust off my feet and walk on in the Spirit with my Savior standing next to me. Today I let go of these feelings in Jesus name and accept my true life as a daughter to the King, ready and willing to serve in the capacity I was called too! Today I remember I have no doubt of who I was called to be and what I was called to do.
       Doubt is something that I believe we all battle at times, some of us more than others, but it is important to meet our doubts with a healthy dose of truth. It is truth, God's truth that dispels doubt. When we stand on the promises of God, when we stand on God's word declaring it over our lives we can overcome the doubt and cause it to flee from our minds. As we lean on Him He gives us strength and convicts us of our ways, in the Lord there is no reason to doubt and fear because we know God is just and faithful (Deuteronomy 7:9, Deuteronomy 32:4) we know God does not lie (Numbers 23:19), we know all His ways are perfect and righteous (Psalm 18:30, Psalm 145:17) and because of this we can depend on Him. Be blessed in Jesus name.

Proverbs 3:5   
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Proverbs 28:26
Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.

John 16:13   
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

James 1:6   
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment