Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Enduring Through the Trials

       Have you ever imagined what it would be like to sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to Him speak? To have that opportunity to know Him deeper and learn His heart? What an overwhelmingly wonderful, beautiful feeling I think it would be to sit in His presence like that. I have been thinking about that a lot the last few days because all I really want is more time in Him. The more chaotic the world becomes with all hoops and things we have to jump through to get the house, and all the other extra responsibilities I have in my family right now, plus the usual work load, I find that I am longing for Him more than ever, longing to be closer to Him, longing for His peace, and I find myself seeking Him more to fill that need.
      Before I came to the Lord though, before I had a deep relationship with Him it wasn't like this. Three years ago these things would have crushed me under the weight of their burdens, I wouldn't have sought the Lord for comfort then, I would have begged Him for release and became angry when it didn't happen. I didn't understand then that sometimes we had to walk through the bad, to see the glory. I didn't spend time with Him then like I do now, I didn't really know God well at all, and despite saying "I love God," or "God is first" I didn't really live that way. I didn't seek the Lord then, not really... I prayed without listening then, and I demanded my way. I looked to preachers to tell me who God was instead of opening His book and finding out for myself. My relationship with Him then was in all reality all about me, and I had no idea what it felt like to really love God or know His love.
       Since then Lord's peace has entered my life and He is now my deepest desire, the more crazy the world around me gets the more of Him I know I need to face it. Instead of running to a preacher, or a therapist, or reading self-help books to deal with problems and find the answers I need, I run to Yeshua, my source of everything, my friend and constant provider. I am learning that there truly is no such things as too much God in your life, only too little. With Yeshua I am able to withstand the storms raging against me and find my way out of the darkness and lies that try to move me off course. I am learning there is only true peace in His presence, and I find myself wanting to reject the world more all the time for Him.
       I sit here with tears in my eyes typing this thinking of how wonderful and merciful our Father is. Today has been so hard, everything has worked me up and it has been so difficult to stay calm, it has been a day of distractions, and aggravation but each time I come back to His word I again find myself at peace once more. With everything that has been thrown at us lately I know and understand more than ever that I NEED God, that it is Him who gives us true peace, it is Him who provides, and it is only our Lord who can fill the empty spaces in us, only God who can change us. Be Blessed.

Psalm 23:4   
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me

Psalm 34:17-18   
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Romans 5:1-5
1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us

Hebrews 12:2   
Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God

      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment