Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Never Leave You or Forsake You

           I love how the Lord never leaves us alone in our pain; you may feel alone, but you never really are. Our Father is always listening, always watching and waiting for us to turn to Him. I love that God never leaves us in confusion either, He may not tell us everything all at once, sometimes its only the direction in which to walk that He gives us. But as we spend time with Him and busy ourselves with His work the course eventually becomes clear. As we seek the Lord, and serve the Lord He establishes our steps(Psalm 37:23, Proverbs 16:9). Sometimes that means we go through situations that are difficult or that don't make sense, but in hindsight it will all connect, one thing leading into the other to produce the fruit that the Lord is forming in you.
        There are times when I get really down, that I feel like what I do here doesn't matter, that I have no effect at all for the Kingdom of God, that I am a branch fit to be cut off the vine. But over the course of the last couple of weeks, and especially the last two days God has sent people to encourage me. Without them knowing what was in my heart or the doubts that sprang up in my mind recently regarding this blog, they have encouraged me to continue, one woman even telling me to take my doubts to God and rebuke them! I knew it had to be God. One man said that it was the influence of these post and the persistence of my ministering to him that caused him to turn to Christ, and I say it can only be God. I am amazed at how fast God is to respond to the pain and doubts in my heart, how He uses people around me and the people who read these post to let me know that I am not ineffectual for Him. I am amazed at how the woman knew I was struggling with these feelings despite me not mentioning them, I amazed that the testimony she gave me touched specifically on other issues in my life I am struggling with where doubt has begun to plague me as well. All I can say is it can only be God.
       Lately, I have doubted my calling, doubted my service, and doubted that I am hearing God correctly because at the moment nothing makes sense. I have struggled and overcome the doubt, but in a matter of a day or two I'd sink back into the doubt again, starting the process over but through it all I have never doubted Jesus. I know and have known it was all in His hands and that everything would be okay in the end(Romans 8:28), I believed it and repeated it pushing myself to do the work I have felt called to whether I felt fit for it or not. In my confusion I have praised Him and prayed to Him, sharing my heart and feelings, and He has responded by reassuring me of my direction even if I can't see the path at the moment. He has let me know through others that I am helping them, and that He has heard my prayers. God has shown me that in Him I am more than I may feel at times and today He has conquered the doubt in my heart because of His faithfulness.
        I amazed by our Father and how His word stands true, He does not leave us or forsake us(Deuteronomy 31:6&8, Psalm 37:28, Hebrews 13:5). He has been with me this whole time, the voice of inspiration, encouragement, reassurance, and guidance. He has been my push to continue when I wasn't sure. He has been speaking to me in my dreams and waking hours using His Word to remind me of the truth. Each step of the way Yeshua has been there; each doubt that has entered my mind Yeshua has conquered. His word is truth, and for those who have surrender to Him, entering into a relationship with Him, we know this because we experience it. We have the joy of the Lord in our hearts, His word and testimony, we have the peace of His presence even in times of confusion, and we have love and life abundantly in our spirits that keep us abiding in Him, seeking more of Him because the Lord is the treasure we seek and desire of our hearts. Be blessed today and always in Jesus name.

Deuteronomy 31:6-8
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
7 Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. 8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” 

Psalm 40:2
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

Psalm 111:7-9
7 The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy; 8 they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness. 9 He sent redemption to his people; he has commanded his covenant forever. Holy and awesome is his name!

2 Thessalonians 3:3   
But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.     

No comments:

Post a Comment