Monday, June 8, 2015

Fighting To Stay In Peace

       On Friday I couldn't write, I couldn't think straight, my flesh and the spirit were at war and the crossfire was exhausting. I tried multiple times to write something, starting many post only to delete them, nothing seemed to work. I tried working on my novel, and my testimonial book, but they couldn't get my attention either, there was  just so much chaos in my soul I couldn't do anything but beg for peace. I knew the Lord was working though, I could feel the spirit moving I just had to try and focus on Him, but it wasn't easy. I pushed through, ignoring the mounting and ever loudening negativity of my mind, battling back against the lies and doubts and fears that were surfacing by doing everything I could to stay in the spirit, prayer, devotionals, reading the Word, and listening to worship music. I came home from work and watched sermons, and Christian films, anything I could to focus my mind above, and on higher things. I praised God through the torment in my mind, and eventually the Lord's peace won out.
       By evening I was once more at peace, my soul had been settled in the Lord's comfort, and despite being tired from all the mental stress of the day, I was happy and grateful to be free of my earlier turmoil. As I looked back on the day's struggle I knew it was all about the lesson. What lesson did I learn? It is in the spirit that we have the strength to overcome the flesh. It is in God we have strength, and in Him alone is there peace.
        I knew that was true before this experience, but Friday nailed that in for me. As I struggled through the day the only time I had peace or felt good at all was the time I spent with Him, but each time I let my focus off of Him the flood returned causing me again to feel chaotic, and to even lose my temper more than once. But then I would return to the efforts of focusing on Him and the chaos would flee. My whole day was like that until 7pm, the time I was set to stop fasting, after that I had peace the rest of the night, and rejoiced in it praising my King!
       I wanted to share this short testimony to remind everyone of what I was reminded of, our Lord is the Prince of Peace, and through Him all things are possible. We don't have to stay frustrated or confused we can seek Him and by drawing near Him the devil will flee. In His presence we can find clarity, direction, and comfort. Be blessed in the name of Yeshua.

Psalm 4:8   
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For to us a child is born,to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this

Isaiah 26:3   
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

Romans 8:6    
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment