Friday, August 14, 2015

Let Your Gentleness be Evident

       Some testimonies are not loud, are not even voiced. Some of us are leading others to Christ just by walking in grace, mercy, compassion, humbleness and love. Some of us have people watching us and we don't even know it. The title today speaks of those kinds of testimonies, at least to me it does because it reminds me of a friend, a sister in Christ who walks in gentleness, and it was her gentleness that first caught my attention. It was the meekness of her spirit that made me curious, I wondered at how kind and considerate she was, and was instantly interested in getting to know her, there was something different about this sister, something that stirred a part of me that I thought the world had killed, and drew me to her.
       This sister became part of my road back to God, she became a friend who could guide and encourage me with gentle correction and affection in abundance. This friend showed me Jesus by the way she walked and the light of the Lord that shown through in her. I remember the first day I saw her at church, my mindset and attitude were "I'm only here because of my mom," but something about her caught my attention. we didn't speak for weeks but I watched her every Sunday wondering what it was that made her so different.
         Eventually I did speak to her when we were both working with the children at VBS, I had fallen asleep in her class, exhausted from taking on more than I could handle. I woke up to her sweet smile and a gentle "Are you okay? It's time to take the kids to the next class." this started our friendship, and we soon found we had much in common. Her friendship would help me through tough times and prayers I never knew she prayed helped me to heal and separate from bad influences.
         I shared this today because I think sometimes we feel like we have to be up at the pulpit, or have a blog, or vlog, or some other platform to really be effective for Christ, but honestly sometimes just simply being Jesus to someone in pain is all that is really needed. Simply walking the walk you have been called to can lead someone else back to God. Simply being a friend to someone who feels cast off by the world can make all the difference. I wanted to share this today as evidence of that quote I often hear "Be careful of your walk, you may be the only Bible some people ever read," because it wasn't anything she said or did at first that effected me, it was just who she was, and who she is. From the very first time I saw her I knew something was different about her, I saw Christ in her and I wanted that too, I missed that in my life.
       I hope this blessed and inspired someone today that even if they aren't serving in a big way that they can and are still being used by the Lord. I hope this inspires and encourages you to take a look at your walk, can someone see Jesus in you? Is the gentle loving Spirit of God present in you? Be blessed in the name of the Lord, Yeshua.

Isaiah 40:11   
He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.

Galatians 5:22-23   
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law

Philippians 4:5
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.

1 Thessalonians 2:7   
But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children

 

No comments:

Post a Comment