Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Lord was Quick to Answer

     We all go through some pretty tough situations from time to time and recently my husband and I were met with one that had us really scared, but The Lord provided both resolution and comfort for us so I would like to share with you what happened. First a little about our current situation so you can understand fully what we were experiencing. We have just bought a house and are trying to start a family, so our jobs at this point are very important to us. We need our employment to maintain these things, just like most other people. Without both of us working we couldn't afford to pay our bills, and we could potentially lose everything we have worked towards. Like a lot of other lower middle class families each month is a careful balance of finances and expenses to keep things afloat, but thank God for His mercies that see us through!
       So when some money went missing from the restaurant where my husband works, and the boss wanted to blame him, we got nervous to say the least. I will be honest here and say that I can't actually blame his employer for thinking it was Nick, because while I know my husband is no thief by any stretch, the missing money did match the amount Nick had to turn in at the end of his shift, and with no other ready explanation I would have questioned Nick too if I was his employer. When the call came like an hour or so after he left work we were sitting on the floor, watching tv together and talking about the day. My husband had just finished telling me that he hadn't had a really good day in tips and set the money from his pocket on the table like he usually does when his phone rang. He wasn't on the phone long before I could tell by his reactions that the call was not good news, something had obviously happened and that worried me. But I was more worried when Nick ended the call and told me what it is was.
       He explained that the money he had turned into one of the hostesses before leaving wasn't in the register, and that his boss was threatening to call the police unless he or one of the two hostesses confessed to taking it. He said that his boss had already talked to the girls and they both said they didn't take it, leaving only Nick as a suspect. This was bad news, stressful and uncomfortable, but we weren't really too worried about the police, we knew he was innocent and that they wouldn't find anything, our concern was the threat to his job. We were scared to death that he was going to get fired and as the night went on and there were more calls back and forth between his boss and him; and his boss and his co-workers the more concerned we became. No one knew what happened to the money and no one was confessing to taking it.
       Not knowing what else we could possibly except wait and worry, we chose to go to the Lord in prayer, asking for the situation to be worked out, that if this was an attack from the enemy that it would fail, and  if it was God's will that he lose this job that He lead us quickly to the next open door. Our hearts were set that no matter what came from the situation we would praise God knowing that even if what was happening didn't make sense to us that it was part of God's plan for us and would eventually be used  for good and to glorify God. Then we opened my bible at random and came to passage in the book of Judith (part of the Apocrypha) where Israel was made victorious over their enemy. I knew this was the answer to our prayer and I began thanking God that everything was going to be okay, that Nick would be cleared, and it was going to be worked out. Then I went to bed with a happy grateful heart, I didn't know how things would be worked out or when but I knew God had said we would be victorious and I rested in this knowledge. The next morning I woke up to the resolution, the good news that Nick's boss said everything was ok, to come into work as normal and that no one was getting in trouble, all of which happened about an hour after I went to bed! 
     So why did I share all this? First, because I believe when God moves in our life like this, quickly answering our prayers both with a word from the Bible and action we should share our testimony of praise with others!! Second, because when I was new to faith I wouldn't have handled things like this, I would have prayed and worried and spent all night worrying and praying without ever really checking in with God. I would have literally worried myself sick over a situation like this, but I have learned since then that the key to letting go of worry is to go to the Word, and I wanted to share that knowledge in a real way. I wanted people to see how in a tough situation God does still answer us, but its important that we are seeking Him in the process. I wanted people to see that God is good and faithful to us just as His Word promises, when we let go and put our trust and faith in Him. Be blessed in Yeshua's name!

Isaiah 65:24
Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.

Jeremiah 33:3   
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

Matthew 6:25-27
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

 

No comments:

Post a Comment