Thursday, August 27, 2015

Share Hope

       Last night in the wake of more sad news about events in our country my husband spoke to me about the hopelessness he sees, about how so many have gone into such a dark place in their minds that all it takes is a little influence from the enemy, a few whispers, and people snap. He spoke to me about how little hope he sees, how little hope others see in this world and how it distressed him and made him sad for the future. He told me a little about how depressed the people around him seem, and how it seemed like the darkness, the cruelty and hopelessness was choking the light and good out of humanity. I couldn't disagree with him, you need only turn on the news to see how the world is continually becoming darker and more chaotic, but there is still hope. Jesus is our hope and hope is what we need to combat this.
       As we spoke last night I reminded my husband of this and that as followers of Yeshua we are to share that hope, we are to spread the hope that the good news of the resurrection and our bought freedom brings. Before I continue on the top of hope which is my main focus I want to back up to what I wrote a moment ago, that our freedom was bought. I want to address this because it is that payment that gave us hope, that gives us hope still. We have hope because Christ died and rose again, His blood paid the price for our sins. His resurrections is the defeat of the enemy, the defeat of death and sin in our lives when we accept Him as our Lord and serve Him faithfully. Because of Jesus we have light and hope in the darkest times, because of Jesus there is victory in our future.
       In this chaotic and troubled world we live in I have hope because I know the Lord, and I trust in His Word, but I am not to keep that hope to myself. It is not to be hidden away but shared with the hopeless and hurting, the Great Commission is a call to spread the gospel not only for the apostles but for us as well. Revelation 12:11 tells us that the accuser (satan, Lucifer, the devil) is overcome by the blood of the lamb and the words of their testimony, why? The blood of the lamb is the sin offering that Yeshua became for us, His blood wiped us clean and set us free, freedom from sin gives us a testimony to God's power, a testimony to God's power scares satan because it spreads the hope he seeks to destroy, because it is when we don't have hope that we are most likely to be influenced by him or other fallen angels. It's when we are hopeless that we often turn to those things that in the end kill our souls.
       When we share our testimonies with others we give them hope that there is a God who loves us, there is truly a plan. When we share God's Word we are being used by Him to spread truth and hope to a broken, deceived, and diseased world. When we share hope we are acting on the love of God for His children. When we act in loving ways towards the hopeless, the broken and the hurting we are bringing light and hope to someone who may not even have known it existed. There is hope in the cross and it is job, our duty of service to others and God to spread that hope and show them the light of Yeshua! The world may be a dark place filled with hurting people, but our Lord has already overcome it, He has made the way and is our hope. Blessed in the name of the risen Lord, Yeshua.

Deuteronomy 31:6     
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
      
John 16:33   
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world

1 John 4:4   
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment