Thursday, July 24, 2014

All the Time

    The Pastor at the church I was baptized in started each sermon with these words from Psalm 19:14; 'Let the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer,'  I really liked that he did that, I felt like it was an invitation for the Holy Spirit to inspire him, and since I started writing this I have prayed it most mornings before I begin to write.
      I brought this up because there have been people in my life who would say things to me like 'God has bigger things to deal with,' 'there's more to life than just religion,' 'why does everything have to be about God with you.' And my answer is this, because everything does have to do with God, every issue in life is at it's root is a spiritual matter. Writing and reaching out to others in this way, is a spiritual matter, I am supplying other people with the encouragement they need, and I need God to help me with it so I don't lead anyone onto the wrong course. That's why I pray before I write, or do anything else, I need Him always, because without Him I am lost.
       I pray about just about everything during the course of the day, because I am a spiritual being, we all are, our bodies are only temporary vessels for this earth, but we are at core spirits, or souls, and we are each playing a part in the battle for souls going on around us. Pray about everything and without ceasing, we weren't told these things that they be a hindrance on our life, but rather this was instruction on how to keep from the enemies hand. If we are inconstant communication with the King then the Prince of Lies and his minions have no way in. Just something to think about as you go through your day. Be blessed.

Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 4:2-6
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.



        

No comments:

Post a Comment