Friday, July 11, 2014

Reassurance

     Several days ago a woman whose post I follow on G+ put up a post that read, 'Do not mistake her quiet and gentle spirit for weaknesses... She is a mighty warrior princess child of God and her prayers move mountains!' Ever since I read that I can't get it out of my head.
      Coincidently, or perhaps not so coincidently, I had that morning been asking the Father to tell me who I am to Him, I was feeling a little insecure and frustrated that day and needed a reminder. I asked Him to remind me how He sees me, because I don't often see myself as valuable and had been beating myself up pretty bad that day. I had expected something would jump out at me in a song or in the scriptures like it usually does when I ask our Father for encouragement. Then that post showed up. I read the words over, and over again, tears started to run down my face. Suddenly, I didn't feel sorry for myself anymore. I felt as though I could hear Him speaking to my heart, saying to me 'Beloved daughter, pray and I shall listen, be obedient and serve; do not fear or listen to your doubts, you are mine and I love you.'  I praised Him in that moment, and thanked Him, He had yet again provided.
      I wanted to share this, and have been thinking about doing so for days now because I think it's important to realize that the way we see ourselves often is not a reflection on how God sees us, after we were washed clean by the blood of lamb our sins and our past no longer mattered to God, but our hearts do and that is what He sees, that is what He judges us by. We will never be perfect, and God knows that,  that is why He sacrificed His Son for us. Living in this world is hard, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better and because of that there are days where we all need encouragement,   we all need a reminder sometimes of who we are in God, and that with Him there is nothing that can stand in our way. I think that was actually my favorite part of that post, the reminder that because of faith prayers we have the ability to move mountains.

Romans 15:4-5
4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had
 
Matthew 17:20
20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment