Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Do Everything

       One of my very favorite Christian artist is Steven Curtis Chapman, and the song I like best of his is 'Do Everything' I listen to this song just about everyday because well, one thing I like the beat to it, but also because I really enjoy the lyrics and the reminder it gives us. In Colossians 3:23-25 we are told to do whatever we are working at with all of our heart as though we were working for God and not man, because in fact it is Christ we are serving if we are in Him and not humans, because He is Lord. That is what the lyrics in this song say as well, and I find that listening to this song in the morning before work helps to makes sure that I enter my day with a servant's heart.
      I find that by reminding myself that I am serving God each day just by doing my best and trying my best at work, at home, and in my relationships, that it makes it easier to do my best and get the results I wanted to begin with. When I am more focused on pleasing God than pleasing my bosses, making them happy, myself and the children in my care just seems to be the natural result.
      This stands true in other areas too, like marriage and friendships. When you allow love to reign, and do what you can for others with a loving heart focused on pleasing God by your actions and by what's in your heart, than those relationships are blessed, not that there won't ever be problems or disagreements because we are humans and our fickle emotions can lead us astray, but that you are able to work through those disagreements because God is working with you.
     Everyday is a gift from God, what you choose to do with it can be your gift to Him. Do all that you do for the glory of the Lord, keeping a heart and mind fixed on Him. Remember, even if no one is watching; God is watching.     

Colossians 3:23-25     
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Philippians 2:3-4        
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Micah 6:8        
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Ephesians 6:5-8
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

No comments:

Post a Comment