Monday, September 1, 2014

Miracle Monday

       For some of us the loneliness found in this world can be unbearable and our every prayer is for a companion to share life with, someone who can break the loneliness and help to keep us motivated by their presence. Today's testimony comes from +Garrett Gregory, I hope you will be blessed by the story he shared.

My name is Garrett Gregory, and I am diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. In addition, I have been cursed (or blessed) with the ability to feel all emotion at ten times the strength of a normal human. Rather, I am incapable of not feel emotion at that magnitude. From an early age, I was called a demon child. Mostly because I was not conscious of social rules until I began middle school. I was oblivious to them. On the first day of middle school, all of a sudden, I became conscious of all the things I did as an elementary schooler, and consequences that followed them. I was hated, avoided, and bullied. Day one of middle school, I adopted an isolationist's approach to socializing. I talked to no one. Nothing good happened when I spoke. It was during middle school that I began to develop depression. (I experience all emotion blah blah blah, you remember.) This continued to steadily take over my life. I was a straight A student. By the end of middle school, I was ranking at C's and D's. I then moved to Oklahoma to attend High School. Suddenly, people wanted to talk to me, but I was completely Ill prepared for it. Ultimately, I became socially isolated again. I graduated high school without one single friend. In high school, Depression completely took control of me. I didn't care anymore. I didn't care about anything. Throughout high school, I seriously considered suicide. The only reason I did not, was my respect for God. All of these years, I had endured. But I was losing my will to live. It's a Miracle I graduated High School at all. The summer after I graduated, I was so depressed, that I was bedridden. I spent countless nights crying myself to sleep. Eventually, I had lost all will to live. My heart had endured all that it could. It had died. I was going to commit suicide the following day. But as I was about to sleep my last night away, God decided to bring +marina kyougoku into my life. God decided to bring her love into my life. I had long since decided that no woman could possibly love me. But God decided to prove me wrong. And because of that, I still live. I had found love... I had found unwavering love. That was a year ago now... Today, +marina kyougoku and I are still very much in love. Thanks to her love and support, I managed to find a job. Thanks to her love and support, my dead heart had been revived. Thanks to her love, I had found happiness. Which was something that I had not had in the years of my life. I thank God every day for giving me the love of my life. She and I both want to get married someday... And we shall. I had thought I was alone. I thought I would always be alone. But once again... God came to the rescue. If +marina kyougoku had not come into my life at the time she did... I would be in a cemetery. It reminds me of the story of the man who lost everything... And yet praised the Lord. He endured. He endured as long as he could. And as soon as he could endure no longer... Everything was given back to him. I think my life can be compared to that story. It seems so similar... Anyway, that's how God changed my life. After 18 years of emotional suffering, and deep loneliness, God decided that I had suffered enough. +marina kyougoku is my life. I love her more than anything and anyone. I don't know what I would do without her... Because Sometimes I really need a hug... And God just can't be the one to give a hug when I need it.
 
Genesis 2:18-23
18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment