Monday, September 15, 2014

Miracle Monday

      This week’s testimony comes from Karen Kamps and is about both healing, and the realization that it is necessary to fully surrender yourself to the Father. I hope you will be blessed!

James 5:13-16
13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Psalm 9:10 
And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.


      My story is that God has blessed me by, saving my life from a hydrocephalus in 2001 and no complications today since it was removed. For anyone who may not know hydrocephalus is a condition where water builds up on the brain, this causes intracranial pressure inside the skull and progressive enlargement of the head, convulsion, tunnel vision, and mental disability. Hydrocephalus can also cause death. It is more common in infants, although it can and obviously does occur in older adults as well.
      In order to correct this problem cerebral shunts are placed in the cerebral ventricles to bypass the blockage and allow the flow of the cerebral fluids, or depending on the location of the blockage it can be removed to restore the flow.
      I realized during all this that by surrendering to him all my fears, and concerns He will answer prayers in His timing not mine, and this is how I keep my faith, for without faith, what's left? Despair and hopelessness, and I don't want that in my life.

Thank you for letting me share my story.
Karen Kamps

No comments:

Post a Comment