Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Happy Day

       Today I am very excited and happy to share that this is the anniversary of one of the most joyous days of my life so far, my wedding anniversary. Three years ago today my parents gave me away to the one man God intended me for from the start, my wonderful, loving, supportive husband, Nick Thorn. I knew in less than three months from the time that I started dating him that he was my match, the man I had been waiting for, that I had saved myself for and even on the hardest days I've never doubted or second guessed that.
        Looking back on our courtship, engagement, and first few years of marriage it is amazing to see how we both have changed and grown so much! We have been through a lot of tough times together, lose of family and friends, parents separating, unsettled futures, changing jobs, bouts of depression, anxiety, a few disagreements, and through it all God has been with us, blessing our union and encouraging us on our path together.
        Obviously with this being my anniversary my brain is focused on love today, but also gratitude. I am grateful to God for the preparations I had to go through to be the wife Nick would need, the failed and bad relationships that make me appreciate how good my husband is, I'm grateful for the small voice that tells me to be patient, gentle, and loving when I feel like yelling. I am grateful for the moments of pure joy I get to experience in my husband's embrace after a long day at work, and I am grateful for all the ways and things he does to show me he cares.
        Today I am focused on my blessings with a grateful heart, and I can't help but ask myself, shouldn't I always see things this way? Shouldn't I always be grateful when I am so blessed? And, yes I should. Lately I've let my selfish side get the better of me and I lost sight of how blessed I am because I was too focused on what things weren't right in my opinion. It shouldn't have taken my anniversary to remind me of what God has done, and how blessed I am with my spouse.

 1 Corinthians 13:4-13   

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.      

No comments:

Post a Comment