Monday, October 20, 2014

Cannot and Will Not Compromise

      I recently had some one I love very much tell me that I needed to back off God, that my relationship with God is a turn off to them, meaning that it turns them off God. They furthered that statement a couple days later saying that they hated worship music, and got nothing out of being at church. I was deeply hurt by these statements. I love this person, and I love God. I was sorry that my thriving in the Lord so offended them, but I also knew that despite what this person said I would not back off.
       I cannot and will not compromise my relationship with God for anyone, I will not allow the opinions of others to stop me from walking with the Lord as I feel the spirit leading me.  I have a lot of hurt still from this person, and I am praying to forgive them, and praying for their walk, but I won't turn back from God, and honestly at this point I wouldn't know how, my entire life is about God, about knowing Him intimately. I would have to entirely change who I am, and knowing how unhappy I was before I can't see myself making the choice to go back, I need God.
       I know that I am not the only one who has experienced this, I am not the only one facing these difficulties. And I know the Lord is with all of us who are or have faced this situation, and He is well pleased. His heart surely rejoices when we bravely face down our friends or family who have forsaken Him, or are lost in struggles and lashing out against us in jealousy. My purpose in writing this short post today is that I want all my readers and friends, or family who read this to be reminded that they aren't alone and take encouragement in the fact you have pleased your Father, and are in my prayers.           

John 1:10-13
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Jude 1:21        
Keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life

Matthew 10:32-33
32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment