Monday, October 6, 2014

Miracle Monday

      God always provides, and always in His time and not ours. For several months we had a ticking clock above of our heads as we searched for a place for my mother in law and her two therapy dogs to live. We worried and prayed over both her financial and housing situations, and with only about two weeks to go, God provided.
       Yesterday we finished moving her into a great apartment with a really nice landlord. It is amazing how God never fails to show up when you keep believing and keep working towards a goal, and often He gives you more than you expect. But I can honestly say there were days where I was begging God for a miracle because it seemed like every door was closed, and I know my mother-in-law got the worst of it due to both her illness and other stressors in her life prior to the move.
       Now though, other than the unpacking, I think we all feel a sense of relief. We are all grateful, and during the whole search I have to admit I was impressed that my mother-in-law was able to say everyday 'God will provide something, I know it.'  I know that some days she said it just as much to convince herself as she did because she believed it, but saying it I think was an act of faith for her.
       I hope you will read this today and let it encourage you to hang on, keep hoping and please know if God is telling you no, its because there's something else that is better for you out there. God will not leave you stranded, there is always an exit plan you just need to your eyes, ears, and hearts open to the possibilities.

Isaiah 40:31         
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint

Psalm 27:13-14         
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord

2 Peter 3:9         
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance  

No comments:

Post a Comment