Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ready?

       Someone asked me recently if I was ready for the coming return of the Messiah, and I answered them with I am preparing my heart and mind daily. I answered them this way because I don't think I know what 'ready' means in this case. If they had asked if I am serving God and building a relationship with Him, I would answer undoubtedly 'yes!' Had they asked if I had surrendered to the Lord and given Him my heart and soul to do His will, 'yes!' Had they asked are you being vigilant in your watch for the signs, and the prompting of the Holy Spirit I would say 'yes!'  If they had asked if I was expecting it and looking forward to the return of Christ, 'yes!' But am I ready for the end?
        Today I am not writing to teach or lead, guide, persuade, or influence, or encourage, I am truly asking if one of my readers knows the answer that they please explain it to me. What does 'ready' mean when it comes to the end times? How do we judge ready? Who is the judge of what ready means and what it doesn't? I don't know if we will truly find out what 'ready' means until He returns, and that's why I don't usually focus on whether I am ready or not, but instead choose to daily prepare for it. I wake up each day thinking that this could be the day where it all changes, and I try to live for Christ to the best of the ability I have in my weak flesh. Am I missing it?
           I truly desire to serve the Almighty with all that is in me, He is my heart and the central focus of my life, I really want to know if I was wrong in my thoughts up to this point on how I approached the end times. Is there more I should be doing? I am asking, and doing it publicly because I am sure others need these questions answered too, and I know that a few of the people who read my post are more spiritually mature than I am so I am hoping they will answer the questions for us all and help us to grow.
       I apologize to anyone who read this expecting me to have answers today, I don't. God does though, and I know the answers are in His word, I know if we ask and seek for the truth it will be revealed to us, so I am humbly asking to be taught.

Proverbs 8:10        
Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold,


Proverbs 2:1-22         
My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

Psalm 119:66        
Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment