Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Not My Will

     This hasn't been one of my easier days. As a nanny my little charges come first for the 10 hours that I am in their home each day, I do my best to be loving and patient with them like they were my own, but there are times when its all I can do not to meltdown and cry with them. It is terribly frustrating to know what the child needs, but for them to fight against it. I'm sure every parent knows what I mean, we have all had to deal with getting a tired child who refuses to sleep to do just that.
      As I did my best to keep my composure and comfort my little one I thought about my relationship with God, and how similar the situation of the child fighting me and his needs  were to myself and Him, and it's probably a lot of other people's relationship at times too. Sometimes we just don't want to do what's best for us, even if it is we really need.
       Realizing this had two significant effects on me, one being that the stress that had been building up from not being able to help him rest left, which actually helped him to fall asleep! The second is that it made my heart really repentant. I realized that there are situations in my life that I keep getting really upset over, that I really just need to give into. I need to let go of my will and accept the comfort the Lord has offered. I have been running in circles with these situations when I really needed to step back and let God have His way. It's not easy, but it is necessary if I want peace and to stay in God's will.
       I hope if you are like me and my little charge that this helped you too. I hope you feel resolved to let go of the situations that have really always been outside your control, and I hope you ask the Father for forgiveness because of the struggling.

Jeremiah 29:11-14        
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment