Friday, October 24, 2014

Surrender All

        Eight years ago when I said the prayer of salvation for the second time in my life I never thought I would become so zealous in my faith. I never thought I would be the type of person to read their Bible everyday and tell other people about Jesus, I never thought I would be who I am now. In fact then I swore I would never be one of those 'over zealous Jesus freaks', I was lukewarm and comfortable with that. When I did read the Bible it was just like any other book to me, it didn't speak to me personally, I accepted it as the truth but wasn't willing to go all in.
        Then, January 16, 2011 came and my entire life changed. This date means two things to me, the beginning of great joy, and some of the deepest pain I have experienced so far in my young life. This was the date my husband proposed to me, and also the day a close family friend that I called uncle died. In next 19 months that followed there would be 12 more deaths, and also the deepest depression of my life. There would be the struggles of planning a wedding, and adjusting to married life, my husband would also struggle with depression and anxiety, and eventually all of his pain, my pain, and daily life stresses culminated in a total emotional break down.
       It was in that complete break down that my healing began, and I started my journey from lukewarm to committed. As I sat in my employers office crying completely vulnerable and begging for help I suddenly had a peace come over me. A warmth came over me and I knew everything was going to be okay, my life seemed like it was falling a part all around, but I just knew in my spirit that if just trusted God my life would never be the same, it would be better. And it has been in so many ways.
         I wanted to share this today, I wanted to tell you that complete trust, complete surrender unto God is the only true religion. You must give up your life and your ways for His. I tell you now, that if you can do that you will know God. The Bible will come alive for you, and when you read it you will know and understand His truth. You will desire to seek Him daily, and even in your times of struggle and pain there will be peace in your heart that you never knew before. You will have joy in the midst of your pain, just as the scriptures promise!
        Today, I testify to the truth of God's word because I have experienced it. I want you to know this too, I want you to experience it also. If you can let go of your will and give into His, He truly will turn your  life upside down and bring out qualities in yourself you never knew you had. Not everything He ask you to do or give up will be comfortable or easy, but the results are always worth it!  He never fails and always forgives, and has loved you from before you were born. Surrender all to the one who created you, and find the peace and purpose your heart longs for.

Psalm 73:27-28
27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.
 
Psalm 40:5
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.
 
James 4:8
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment