Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Slow it down...

     As I prepare to start a new chapter in my life I have decided to slow things down for a bit. For the past year I have worked one full-time job, a part-time job, some occasional extra work and I am running an online boutique. Plus whatever else I can find to make a little extra here and there. It's made for a very busy life with little time to take for myself.  When I am not working I also had family, and church obligations and of course maintaining a household.
     This has left me feeling really burned out a lot of the time. It has taken a physical, and emotional toll on me. While I am grateful for being able to do so much, and the improvements it has made on my lifestyle I am counting down the days until I can take my holiday!
     I have decided before starting my new job in January that I will take most if a month off. During this time I am hoping to work on this blog and my book, but most of all work on me. I want to focus more on my relationship with God, and try to start loving myself a little more, and taking a little time to care for myself.
     In these busy lives we lead today too often we forget to care for ourselves, so this year at New Years my resolution won't be to lose weight like it usually is, but to start learning how to take care of myself and slow life down a bit. I am hoping in my time off I will be able to reconnect with myself and relearn who I am and what my needs are so that in the New Year I won't be wearing myself to a breaking point.
     It's time to do my best at taking care of myself so that I can better serve my God, my husband, and my family. To taking it slow in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment