Friday, December 20, 2013

Those Dreaded Words

     I've known it was going to happen for a long time. He's never really taken good care of himself and his diet is terrible. But when my mom called this morning and told me my dad had a heart attack and was in the hospital it still broke my heart and panicked me.
     Like most girls my dad was my hero, and since I've become an adult he's been one of my best friends. I have a really good relationship with my dad, and so does my husband. In fact they were just hanging out yesterday and we all went together over the past weekend to buy a tree.
     I can't see him yet, but as soon as I leave work I'm going to the hospital. I want to pray with him. I want to hug him, and I want to tell him I love him. I'm lucky because my dad will get to come home in a few days. I still have my daddy. And not only do I still have my earthly father, I have a Heavenly Father too who is giving my dad the best care possible.
     As scared as I was when my mom called me, I am grateful that I have my father. I am grateful to God that I live somewhere where my dad can receive care and survive something like this. Today I am grateful beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment