Tuesday, December 10, 2013

True love happens once in a hundred years...

     I love the movie the Princess Bride, and the silliness of it. But the quote 'true love only happens once every one hundred years' has stuck with me. I have always hoped and prayed to find true love. It was more important than anything else because with it all things are possible. And in the world we live in I at times believed it only existed in fairy tales.
     Then one day I met someone. A gentleman who quickly swept me off my feet and into his arms. My whole world is about him now and I breathe air just to please him. He could ask anything of me and I would do it. But he is so kind, gentle, and caring that he asks only that smile and that I be happy.
     I have been with him for five years now and the more we are together the less we want to be apart.  I reread parts of my diary yesterday from years ago and was surprised to see that instead of frustration developing over time or that I was more in love in the beginning, I found that my love has only grown over time. I have no doubt that I will love him still when we celebrate 50 years.
     If that quote is true, I am truly grateful to have found what I always wanted, true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment