Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

     I just got home from seeing 'The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty' with my husband. We both really enjoyed the movie. Walter with his imagination and zoning out really reminded me of myself. I have always gotten lost in my head, with my imagination. It's my favorite place to hide. The things that happen in Walters life though reminded me of my husband. The kind of man he is.
     Creative, and intelligent with unrealized potential just waiting to be pulled out of him. I'm not going to give away the movie, but I will say Walter is put in some extreme situations that pull this potential out of him, and he uses both his imagination and affection for a woman to unlock the courage within. It was a really beautiful movie. I truly recommend it to anyone who is able to see it.
      It got me thinking though and made me sad. Sad that I can see what a truly gifted man my husband is and  he cannot. I was sad that I am not able to do for him what the female character in that movie was able to do for Walter.
     I really don't know what else to write at this point. All I can say is God bless you, and don't be afraid. Our limits are only in our mind. So be brave and take that chance you've been dreaming about.  Live the life you want, and believe that you can live it. All it takes is faith, imagination, and a willingness to try.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment