Friday, January 3, 2014

Vacationing

     The only part of being on a vacation or over night stay somewhere is unpacking. Ugh, I hate unpacking. But at least I get help, I feel pretty relaxed right now. Despite the 3 inches of snow out there it's been nice to get away with my husband and do something different. It was surely needed.
     And now it's the start of the weekend, so we still get to be together. Life is so much easier when I have him with me. I always say that I wish there was a away we could either work together in business as partners or both work from home. But sadly no such opportunity has presented itself. So instead we live all day to get to the evening when we can be together again.
     That's why vacations are so good for us. We don't have to just get through the day, we get to live all day the way we enjoy life best, together. And it's fun to go somewhere new and different. This time we went to a lodge in a state park near the state we live in. It was so nice! The view from our room looks out on an icy lake, and the view from our door (if you overlook the parking lot) is woods. It's a perfect vacation spot, pretty scenery, good food, and not too many guest.
       Last night on our way to dinner we even saw a deer on the side of the road eating, Nick took some awesome pictures of it! I can't wait to print them off and hang them up! That's one of my favorite things after a trip, printing pictures. Nick is a gifted photographer and I keep an album with his pictures, and also hang tons on our walls too. It's wonderful to be able to to display and keep our memories like that. It's one of my favorite parts about vacationing. Time to pack up to leave...


In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.
  Luke 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment